Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Indonesian Wedding Traditions!

Customary Engagement Etiquette in Indonesia

An Indonesian engagement could easily last for many years. During this time, ceremonial gift giving takes place between the bride and groom's families to strengthen their familiarity.

Indonesian Wedding Ceremony

An Indonesian wedding program is a very important event. Everyone that is even slightly acquainted with the bride and groom may be invited, and this could mean thousands of guests.


The majority of invited guests do not attend the actual ceremony, but it is considered rude to be invited to the wedding reception, to share in the joy of the newlyweds, and to not attend.

Wedding Reception Celebration

There is often an elaborate processional into the reception site, which consists of a long chain of flowers. Professional dancers perform traditional Indonesian dances, while family and guests await the arrival of the newlyweds.

It is customary for the traditional Indonesian bride and groom to greet each guest in a long receiving line, before the reception festivities can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.